CranioSacral Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive, holistic treatment which strengthens a child’s natural ability to heal. In children, it can help restore normal adaptability and enhance physical, mental and emotional efficiency during critical periods of rapid growth and development. Our certified Pediatric CranioSacral Therapists have the advanced skills and experience to work with the more delicate and subtle needs of children.
We treat children for a variety of conditions including, but not limited to:
- Feeding or oral motor problems
- Colic or periods of inconsolability
- Digestive issues
- Excessive gas
- Torticollis (wry neck)
- Plagiocephaly (misshapen head)
- Sensory processing dysfunction
- Sinus congestion or infections
- Developmental delays
- Behavioral issues
- Poor sleep
- Failure to thrive
- Ear infections/fluid in ear(s)
Is CranioSacral Therapy Safe for My Child?
Yes. Craniosacral Therapy is gentle, non-invasive and has extremely few contraindications. It is considered safe for all ages, including newborns.
Will My Child Need to Lay on a Table or Remain Still During Treatment?
No. We ensure your child’s comfort during treatment and encourage creative, therapeutic play. For the most part, our practitioners can work in whatever position is most appropriate for your child, often utilizing toys, books and parent interaction to help keep the child calm and comfortable during treatment. At times, it may be necessary to eliminate distractions and maintain positions briefly to accomplish certain components of treatment. Your practitioner may ask for your help at these times.
How Many Treatments Will My Child Need?
The number of treatments recommended depends on the need(s) of the child. After their Initial Evaluation & Treatment, we typically recommend a minimum of three follow-up visits within the first 10-14 days for maximum benefit and to achieve specific goals. Follow-up visits for infants and young children are usually 30 minutes in length and for older children between 30-45 minutes. Your child’s therapist will discuss their specific recommendations for the frequency and number of follow-up visits with you at the end of the initial evaluation.
What Will My Child’s First Session Be Like?
During a one-hour Initial Evaluation & Pediatric CranioSacral Therapy Treatment, the therapist will review your child’s medical history with you, answer any of your questions or concerns, conduct a therapeutic evaluation of your child, and do a full CranioSacral Therapy treatment on your child.
For families with multiple children:
- We are happy to offer treatment to more than one child in a family. However, you will need to book separate appointments for each child you wish treated, even if you would like to bring them in for back-to-back sessions.
- If only one child is scheduled for treatment but you need to bring other children with you to the appointment, you are more than welcome to do so. However, we ask that you plan entertainment/activities to engage the other child(ren) so that you, our practitioners and the child receiving treatment can stay focused on the treatment at hand.
NOTE: While we love the children who visit our practice, our practitioners and staff cannot be responsible for watching your children before, during or after a treatment session and a parent/guardian must be present at all times a child is at our facility. We ask that children stay in their designated treatment room during their treatment, unless they need to use the bathroom (while being accompanied by a parent/guardian). Children will not be permitted to wait in our lobby during the treatment of a sibling or other family member. They must join their family member(s) in the therapy room for the duration of the treatment. Thank you for your understanding and adherence to this policy.
"After my 5 year old was diagnosed with "lazy" eye and 20/50 vision in her left eye. We started CranioSacral treatments immediately. After five treatments, her eyes were rechecked and her vision without glasses was 20/20 and her left eye was no longer rolling outward. The eye doctor was clearly stunned that my daughter no longer needed glasses."
S.L., Winter Park, FL
"My baby has had chronic ear infections in the past year. She went through four different antibiotics. After two CranioSacral Therapy sessions, we went back to the doctor and her ears were 100% healed. It truly made all the difference."
C.G., Orlando, FL
"I really can't thank Robyn enough for the work she did with our son. He was so constipated for so long and after just one session, he started to have relief. After the two follow up sessions, he has been totally regular. I am amazed and grateful.
Heather S., Altamonte Spring, FL
Pediatric CranioSacral Therapy Research
- EAR INFECTIONS - CranioSacral Therapy for Ear Infections by Robyn Rose, MPT, CST-D
- BIRTH TRAUMA - Birth Trauma: A Cultural Blindspot by Matthew Appleton
- INFANT HEAD MALFORMATION (Plagiocephaly/Brachiocephaly) - Resolving Misshapen Heads With Help From CranioSacral Therapy by Rebecca Flowers, OTR, BCT, CST-D
- PEDIATRIC SEIZURES - Easing Seizures by John Upledger, DO, OMM, August 2006
- AUTISM - Autism Spectrum Disorder: How CranioSacral Therapy Can Help by Tad Wanveer, LMT, CST-D, 2011
Get in Touch
2933 West State Road 434
Longwood, FL 32779
Mon to Thurs 10:00am - 6:30pm
Friday to Sunday - Closed
***Hours vary by day and by therapist
Front Desk/Admin Hours
Tues to Thurs 10:00am - 5:00pm
Friday to Monday - Closed
(Will return calls/texts next business day)