Protecting Your Health Safety
To our esteemed clients:
We have always made your health, well-being, and safety as a priority, and will continue to do so moving forward. Empowering health and wellness is vital right now. We believe that good therapy is helpful and needed in times of global and cultural distress, not only for the physical benefits, but also to offer comfort and relief for the stress and fear that can occur during such radical shifts happening around us.
While we practice procedures to maintain cleanliness and health standards, seeking bodywork inherently implies that you are choosing to bypass social distancing protocols with your practitioners and that you understand and take responsibility for choosing to receive treatment from our practitioners.
The following is a list of some of the practices we use to ensure your safety while in our office:
- We always employ thorough hand-washing before and after every client session
- Hand sanitizers are available for use throughout the office
- Sheets and pillowcases are changed for each client
- All surfaces, door handles, toys, and contact areas are disinfected between every session
The following is a list of health safety policies you should be aware of before your treatment:
- TREATMENT TIMES – All visits will start and end as scheduled. This is necessary to respect everyone’s time and eliminates potential overlap in the waiting area.
- WAITING AREA – We understand that our waiting area is quite small given social distancing protocols. If you arrive early to your appointment, we ask that you wait outside in the courtyard or in your vehicle until your appointment time (weather permitting). Our practitioners will notify you to proceed directly into the treatment room when they are ready.
- SELF ACCOUNTABILITY – We empower you to make decisions about your health, wellness and care. As you trust us in your care, we are trusting you to take responsibility for yourself and have consideration for your well-being and those that you are in contact with. We trust that you will notify us of any issues or conditions that may put our therapists, staff and other clients at risk.
- COMMUNICATION OF CONCERNS – We also trust that if you have any concerns regarding your health safety, our therapists and/or the services we provide, you will communicate them with one of our team members at the time of service. We appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to address your concerns directly and immediately. A primary tenet of CranioSacral Therapy is that you trust your inner wisdom and listen to your intuition. If you have any concerns regarding exposure to COVID-19 or any other communicable illness, we encourage you to hold off scheduling treatments with us until you are confident in your health safety.
- ONE CHILD PER TREATMENT ONLY – To best serve you (and keep everyone safe), we ask that only a maximum of two primary caregivers and the scheduled child attend a treatment. If you would like more than one child treated or plan to bring more than one child to an appointment, please alert us prior to your treatment so that we can come up with a plan to meet your needs.
- TOYS/SURFACES – Please limit your children from touching common services, including the water dispenser and doorknobs. Please bring toys for your child to play with during their treatment. We will have disinfecting wipes available to help you wipe down surfaces your child touches during their visit.
For more information, please see Health Safety Policies & Protocols posted in office. We are happy to also provide you a copy of our Health Safety Policies & Protocols upon request.
If you are not comfortable with this, or do not wish to keep your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. We ask that whenever possible that you provide a minimum of 24-hours notice if you plan to cancel/reschedule an appointment so that others who are in need may have the opportunity to receive treatment.
In the meantime, please continue to get good rest, eat well, and take some mindfulness time to connect with nature and the life within us.
Our collective health, healing, and well-being is important to us and we look forward to continuing to assist you and the rest of our community during these challenging times.
We will continue to stay informed of any further health advisories and encourage you to the same by visiting www.cdc.gov/COVID19.
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Intentional Wellness Team
Social Distancing in Our Office
To help maintain social distancing, please feel free check in with our front desk staff and/or text our office line to let us know that you have arrived. We can either text you when your therapist is ready to see you or feel free to wait in our courtyard (weather permitting) and we will come get you when it is time for your appointment.
We plan on offering other options and means of support soon, including tele-consults and other resources to provide support through these challenging times. Stay tuned for more information and please let us know if there are any particular areas you are wanting, needing or would find support useful.
Given the right resources, our bodies are designed to return to balance (i.e, homeostasis). Homeostasis is the inherent principle of all medical practices. Dis-ease develops only when we lose the ability to regain a state of balance from an overload of trauma or toxic events.
Toxicity and trauma from any source – whether biochemical, physical, environmental, mental, emotional (real or perceived) – elicit varying degrees of the same physiological response in our bodies. You must then supply what is needed to help regain balance. Healing cannot occur in states of stress and toxic imbalance. Reparation can only occur when you move out of survival mode into physiological state of “rest and digest.”
The survival of the world also requires maintaining innate balance of all that exists.
Healing begins within you. We encourage you to take this transformative time to nurture healing of your body, mind and spirit… not only yourself, but for the world.