To view News & Resources about
Kevin’s Trek Through Cancer, please click the button below.
The origins of CranioSacral Osteopathy can be traced back to the early/mid 1900’s. There have been multiple research and case studies conducted over the years documenting the efficary and benefits of CranioSacral Therapy. Below are some resources you may find helpful and informative.
Intentional Wellness Therapy Resources
A study reviewed the outcomes of over 150 patients treated through the Upledger Institute of CranioSacral Therapy. Patient ages ranged from infants to 68 years and included those working with 10 different practitioners working independently, as well as those treated by a single practitioner working within the National Health Service.
Seventy-four percent (74%) of patients reported a valuable improvement in their presenting problem. Sixty-seven percent (67%) also reported a valuable improvement in their general well-being and/or a second health problem.
Outcome by diagnostic groups suggested that Upledger CranioSacral Therapy is particularly effective for patients with headaches and migraine, neck and back pain, anxiety and depression, and unsettled babies. Seventy percent (70%) of patients on medication decreased or discontinued it, and patients’ average general practitioner consultation rate fell by 60% in the six months following treatment.
Multipractitioner Upledger CranioSacral Therapy:
Descriptive Outcome Study 2007-2008
Rachel E Harrison & John S Page
Journal of Alternative Complementary Medicine. 2011 Jan;17(1):13-7.
Pediatric CranioSacral Therapy Research
- EAR INFECTIONS - CranioSacral Therapy for Ear Infections by Robyn Rose, MPT, CST-D
- BIRTH TRAUMA - Birth Trauma: A Cultural Blindspot by Matthew Appleton
- INFANT HEAD MALFORMATION (Plagiocephaly/Brachiocephaly) - Resolving Misshapen Heads With Help From CranioSacral Therapy by Rebecca Flowers, OTR, BCT, CST-D
- PEDIATRIC SEIZURES - Easing Seizures by John Upledger, DO, OMM, August 2006
- AUTISM - Autism Spectrum Disorder: How CranioSacral Therapy Can Help by Tad Wanveer, LMT, CST-D, 2011
Adult CranioSacral Therapy Resources
- TINNITUS - Look after yourself properly and your tinnitus will take care of itself by Julian Cowan Hill, MA, UKCP, RCST
- MIGRAINES - Easing Migraine Pain by John Upledger, DO, OMM and Lisa Upledger, DC, CST-D, FIAMA
- VERTIGO - Temporal Bone Misalignment and Motion Asymmetry as a Cause of Vertigo: The CranioSacral Model by David C. Christine, CST
- PTSD - Bodily Patterns PTSD and CranioSacral Therapy by Tad Wanveer, LMT, CST-D, 2006
- CARPAL TUNNEL/WRIST PAIN - Gentle & Effective Relief for Wrist Pain, by Andrea Hambly, White Tiger Medicine, CranioSacral Therapy, June 29, 2014
- CARDIAC FUNCTION - A Doctor with a Heart by Patricia Kirby, Massage Magazine, March/April 2001
- CONCUSSION - CranioSacral Therapy and the Treatment of Post-Concussion Syndrome by Mariann-Sisco, PT, CST-D, Dec. 2014
CONCUSSION - CranioSacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation: A New Treatment Intervention for Concussion Recovery by Gail Wetzler, PT, DPT, EDO, BI-D, Melinda Roland, MA, PT, LAc, OMD, Dipl-Ac, CST-D, Sally Fryer-Dietz, PT, DPT, CDT-D, SIPT Cert, and Dee Dettmann-Ahern, PT, BI-D, November 2017
Do you have specific questions about how CranioSacral Therapy can help you with a particular issue or wellness goal?
Email us and one of our practitioners will be happy to discuss how CranioSacral Therapy can help.
Get in Touch
2933 West State Road 434WSuite 111
Longwood, FL 32779
New Clients - Please call to schedule first appointment.
Mon to Fri — 9:00am - 6:30pm
Sat to Sun — Closed
Front Desk/Admin Hours
Monday & Wednesday — 10:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday — 10:00am - 5:00pm
Fri - Sun — Closed (will return calls/texts next business day)